I am an avid investor in the stock market. I invest with my own money and with money that I borrow from friends and family. Since I am often asked the performance of my portfolio, I decided to post my result every Friday. What you see below are two weekly charts, one of the TSX and the other one of my real portfolio.
Portfolio growth or decrease is not exclusive to market returns, (not yet). It is composed of market returns, additional deposits or withdrawals, increase or decrease of debt.
|Date||Amount||year change||cumulative change|
|May 1, 2015||$95,000||——–||———|
|May 1, 2016||$117,500||+23.68%||+23.68%|
|July 28, 2016||$113,000||+0||+|
- XIU.TO (Toronto 60) Expense ratio 0.18%. 465 @ 21.54
- XMD.TO (Midcaps) Expense ratio 0.62%. 420 @24.02
- XCS.TO (Small caps)Expense ratio 0.61%. 680 @14.81
- VA Vanguard FTSE Developed Asia Pacific Index ETF
- VEE.TO Vangard FTSE Emerging Market ($CAN). Expense ratio 0.29%. 165 @ 29.96
- VE.TO Vanguard FTSE Dev Europe All Cap ETF. Expense ration 0.23%. 220 @ 25.51
Core holdings for anyone interested in investments: